It’s official! I’m a published author!
I’m so excited to announce: my first book is now available.
It’s called, 10 Branches of Growth: Real-Life Productivity for a Fruitful Life.
This is a precursor to my next book. My book on raising money-smart, intentional children is in the final editing stages, but it will still be a few months before it’s published.
So a little about the book I just released!
A Manual for Young Adults
I wrote this book as a guide for the 18-year-old me. It’s everything I wish I would’ve known when I was just starting out in life.
It covers the main 10 areas (branches) of our lives and how to approach them.
It’s not a complete how-to-live manual. Nobody wants to be told how to do everything in life. Plus, I don’t know of anyone on earth today who would be capable of writing that book.
This is more like a guide to steer late-teens and early 20-somethings in the right direction. Honestly though, it’s for everyone. With the amount of research and ideas I’ve packed into this book, I don’t know of anyone who wouldn’t benefit from reading it.
And, unlike most productivity books, it’s written from a biblical perspective!
A Christian Productivity Book
I’ve read my fair share of books that tell me how to be successful, make more money, be more productive, and all the other things overachievers want to know.
There are some great books out there to be sure, but I noticed a trend: they were all focused on money and success as the ultimate goal.
I know the ultimate goal is to live a fruitful, productive life of love for the Kingdom of God.
That’s what 10 Branches of Growth is about.
An Overview of the Branches
In life, there are 10 primary areas we must understand to achieve anything of significance.
Here are the 10 branches and how my book deals with each one:
- Character – How character makes up who you are, what true character is all about, and how grit plays a huge role in your character.
- Discipline – How to instill self-discipline in every area of your life by using 4 steps that are easier than you think.
- Action – How to take action, do the work, and create motivation waves in your life.
- Habits – The easy way to create positive habits, and how to change your identity based on your new habits.
- Energy – How to increase your energy so you can grow the other branches, and how energy isn’t just about sleep.
- Time – How to control your time so it doesn’t control you, and how to gain more margin in life.
- Wealth – A real talk about wealth, and a simple method for budgeting and investing that works, without stealing hours out of your day.
- Seasons – How to figure out which season of life you’re in, and the importance of learning how to plan around your season.
- Self – Figure out who you are, and increase your overall self-awareness to improve your whole life.
- God – A transparent discussion about God, and the reason so many successful people are depressed.
Each branch is a chapter, so it’s only 10 short chapters.
My goal was to paint a complete picture, with enough information to completely master certain areas (e.g., money, habits, self-discipline), and to dive deeper into more complex areas we will never master (e.g., character, God, self).
Who This Book is For
This book is for everyone. Though it’s written from a biblical perspective, everyone will benefit from reading it.
I think it’s best for kids who are either about to leave home or just moved out for college/work.
It’s a preface to adult life. It’s a manual to get as much as you can out of life — to include what getting the most out of life means (hint: it’s not just about earning as much money as possible).
So while I’ll show you how to master your finances in the short chapter on wealth, I also go into detail about the more important stuff. For example, the chapter on God gets pretty deep. It’s worth reading for Christians and non-Christians.
Get the Book for You, a Child, a Friend!
I’m just glad the book is published. Publishing a book has been on my long-term goal list for a while. But I’d be even happier if you wanted to buy it.
If you’re a Christian and you would like to read a productivity book with your values in mind, pick up a copy!
If you’re not a Christian and you’re interested in hearing a perspective on Christianity I doubt you’ve heard before, pick up the book! There’s so much to get out of it aside from the “God stuff”… but that chapter may interest you more than you think.
If you have (or know of) someone who just moved out, or is about to move out on their own, get them a copy!
10 Branches of Growth is sold on pretty much any website that sells books.
The audiobook is completely recorded and currently making its way to Audible, audiobooks.com, and all the other places that sell audiobooks. But it may be a month or so before it’s actually available (trust me, I’ll let you know when it is).
You can choose the format you prefer here:
- Large-Family Minimalism: How We Declutter 5,000 Things a Year
- The Media Threat: How Much Screen Time is Too Much?
- 10 Practical Steps to Start Practical Minimalism
- How to Teach Your Kids to Invest
- The System We Use to Pay Our 5 Kids for Work Around the House
- Alarming Studies That Show How Advertising Affects Your Kids (And How to Protect Them)