Don’t you wish someone would’ve taken the time to teach you money-management concepts at a young age?
Think for a moment what your life would be like. How important would that be to share with your child or grandchild?
The unfortunate reality is the absence of financial literacy at home and in our schools creates a society filled with victims of the consumer culture, bound in debt, and working well beyond retirement age – not because they want to, but because they have to.
Today’s youth face a future of similar obstacles because they are learning financial concepts and practicing ideal money-management habits too late in life.
This easy-to-digest playbook provides guiding principles and practical activities to teach school-age children, kindergarten through high school, money management concepts and a critical life skill they should adopt as they begin to understand money. Each activity is designed to enforce a key money habit and are easy and fun to implement.
As parents, you can break the chain of poor money habits so your child will never face mounds of consumer debt or the dreaded paycheck-to-paycheck living. You can develop your child’s financial intelligence and establish a foundation for your son or daughter to build wealth simply by practicing five money habits.
This book is for the intentional parent who understands the importance of learning money management and wants to give their child the headstart they deserve.
Teach Your Child to Fish masterfully condenses the more important elements of money management into bite- size chapters that are easy to understand. This resource helps you establish an open dialogue about money with your children, turns everyday errands and chores into a money lesson and introduces the building blocks for a healthy financial future.
No one is born knowing how to fish. They must be taught and instructed. Similarly, once your child is taught the rules and given the tools for money management, they can be used for a lifetime.
Teach Your Child to Fish will:
- Guide your child to discover the work they are called to do and feed their entrepreneurial spirit
- Expose marketing traps and provide proven strategies to avoid debt, make conscious spending decisions and maneuver through common financial pitfalls
- Use scripture and biblical references to support and reinforce healthy money habits
- Offer practical examples, easy-to-implement activities, and specific resources to act on each money habit immediately
- Fill the financial literacy gap where school systems fail to teach kids about money
- Provide the building blocks for your child to begin saving and investing for their future
- Introduce the three T’s of Giving by using their Treasure, Time, and Talent
Follow the advice and complete the recommended activities in this book and notice how quickly your child begins to practice what they’ve learned about managing money.
What’s stopping you from turning your daily interactions with your child into money lessons they will use for a lifetime?
From Freedom Sprout:
This awesome short book is packed with all kinds of money topics, and how to talk to your kids about them.