I’m ecstatic to announce my next book is coming out in December!
It’s the ultimate guide to everything I’ve been teaching at Freedom Sprout over the last few years. I’ve finally compiled everything into one book: all of the concepts on teaching kids about money and instilling a healthy mindset.
I had a blast writing it. I’m about to break down everything I talk about…
What’s in the Book?
The book is split into two parts: money and mindset. My goal was to cover every topic and conversation you’ll need to have with your kids about how they spend and how they think about money.
In the first 9 chapters, I cover:
- Reframing Money: From Taboo to Teachable Moments
- Teaching Money: Instill a Sense of Financial Security
- Money Lessons: Prepare Your Kids for Adulthood
- Work Ethic: A System to Pay and Teach Your Kids
- Money Management: Budgeting at Every Age
- Transportation: Buying That First Car
- The Debt Trap: Raise Debt-Free-for-Life Kids
- College Conversations: Get a Debt-Free Degree
- Investing: The Importance of Starting Young
In the last 8 chapters, I cover:
- Intentional Ownership: Shift to Practical Minimalism
- The Toy Trap: How Fewer Toys Lead to Happier Kids
- Ad Alert: How Advertising Affects Kids
- The Technology Threat: Smartphones and Screen Time
- Growing Gratitude: Raise Grateful Givers in an Entitled World
- Rethinking Presents: A New Perspective on Gift Giving
- God-Centered Home: The Dangers of a Child-Centered Home
- Intentional Days: Make the Most of Your Family’s Time
Instead of describing the entire book, I’ll let you read the back cover…
You CAN Raise Money-Smart Kids!
Personal finance simply isn’t taught in school, but you are more than capable of raising money-smart kids. In Intentional Children, you’ll learn how to raise money-smart, debt-free kids. You will be able to instill a sense of gratitude, a love for giving, and a proper view of wealth, while avoiding the consumerism trap and the entitlement mentality.
- What if you could raise kids who aren’t materialistic?
- What do your kids need to know about money?
- What if your kids could be debt-free forever?
- How should you pay your kids for chores?
Get ready to have practical conversations on things like purchasing your children’s first car and paying for college. In Intentional Children, Kalen Bruce simplifies complex topics like budgeting and investing, bringing it all to a level kids can grasp and you can teach. In a conversational tone, Kalen not only covers how to raise money-smart kids, he also covers things you won’t find in other books…
Things That Slip Through the Cracks in Parenting Books
Intentional Children relates to where you are. Having five kids of his own, Kalen understands how advice must be practical, actionable, and most importantly, realistic. He shows you how to raise intentional children who know why they are on this earth.
Find the answers to questions beyond finance, such as:
- How can we fit everything into our day with such a busy schedule?
- How does fewer toys lead to happier children?
- How does advertising affect your children?
- How should we approach smartphones?
- Why are child-centered homes toxic?
It’s everything you need to know about relating to your children on money and mindset.
Early Praise for Intentional Children
I’ve already sent the book to some influencers to get early reviews on it.
This is what a few of them said…
“If you are a parent and want your kids to get a grip on money earlier than you did (don’t we all?) then you will love Intentional Children. Kalen has a heart of a loving teacher and is a goldmine of wisdom when it comes to helping parents raise money-smart kids.”Bob Lotich, CEPF®, Founder of Seedtime and Best-Selling Author
“Kalen Bruce knows about money and kids– he and his spouse are raising five of them. His book helps you show your kids how to manage their money. Better yet, you’ll learn how to build their mindset around the important parts of life! They’ll avoid the toy traps and tech hazards to focus on family, gratitude, and living with purpose. Along the way, his techniques will improve your mindset and finances too.”Doug Nordman, Author of The Military Guide and Co-Author of Raising Your money-Savvy Family
“Intentional Children by Kalen Bruce is one of the most refreshing books I have read in awhile. It approaches difficult topics like financial literacy and parenting in a way that is not only relatable, but also actionable. A very easy read and much needed especially in a time where there is so much uncertainty, being intentional is more important than ever!”Lorne Jenkins, CEO of Mini Money Management (read his story)
When Will the Book Be Published?
I’m in the process of recording the audiobook myself. After a quick poll, I discovered that practically everyone prefers to listen to a book read by the author, but recording a book is new to me so it’s taking a little longer than expected.
The complete cover design is in work too. The front cover is done as you see above, but I am working with the designer on the back.
The goal is December 1, 2020. I can’t wait to get this book out!
I’d love to get your thoughts on it below.