There are a lot of important money tools here for you and your children. Some of these links are affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and make a purchase, but I only recommend things I stand behind. These are my favorite tools and they’re all quite helpful. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Money Management Tools
DVDs, Games and Books for Kids
Money Websites for Kids
- Biz Kids – A great place with videos, lesson plans and games to teach kids about money.
- Citigroup Financial Education Curriculum for Kids – Finance lessons for young children, grades K-5.
- Citigroup Financial Education Curriculum for Teens – Finance lessons for teens.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – A resource to help you, the parent, teach your children about finances.
- Financial Entertainment – Free online finance games for children.
- High School Financial Planning Program – This is a financial literacy program specifically focused on basic personal finance skills that are relevant to the lives of teens in grades 8-12.
- Money Talks for Teens – Answers to common questions kids need answered about finances.
- Rich Kid Smart Kid – A few games from the Rich Dad company. This continues the same rat theme from Cashflow for Kids.
- Students’ Room – They publish articles on topics from business to entrepreneurship to college, written specifically for high school students.
- Treasury Direct Kids – Videos, games and articles to teach kids the ins and outs of personal finances.
- Talk With Our Kids About Money – Filled with resources, tools and information.
Investing Teaching Tools
- Financhill – This is a great way to see a valuation for individual stocks. You can see trends and charts to learn more about an individual stock.
- Yahoo Finance – This is the #1 place to go to see financial reports for companies all in one place. You can easily teach kids about balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
Credit Teaching Tools
- AnnualCreditReport.com – The only place on the internet to get a free annual credit report, from each bureau (so technically 3 per year). It’s good for your kids to know how to get their credit report before they go to college.
- Credit Karma – A free monthly TransUnion and Equifax credit score. Your kids can check their own credit score once they have one, and you can show them yours in the mean time.
- Credit Sesame – A free monthly VantageScore® 3.0 credit score.
- AliExpress – A great place to get many of the things you buy for crazy cheap. If you’ve heard of drop shipping – where people provide goods by direct delivery from the manufacturer to the retailer or customer – AliExpress is one of the most common places for that. That means you know they’re cheap. The quality typically rivals any other retail store, but at wholesale price.
- Amazon – You already shop there; shopping through this link helps support this site. Let’s be real, there aren’t many things you can’t get from Amazon.
- eBay – Don’t forget about eBay. Always compare prices with eBay. Anything that can be bought used should probably be bought on eBay.
- New Egg – A great place for computers and electronics. The prices rival Tiger Direct, so it’s best to compare both.
- Sonic Electronix – My favorite place to buy any car audio equipment. eBay has some great prices, but if you don’t want to mess with eBay, use Sonic.
- Tiger Direct – Another awesome place to price-compare electronics. Again, compare the price here to New Egg.
- TD Ameritrade – A great place to open a 529 for your kid’s education. It’s also a great place to open an IRA.
- USAA – The best bank, in my opinion, if you have any military affiliation whatsoever. You can do 529s and IRAs here as well.
- Audible – I set a goal to read 50 books per year. I listen to most of those. It wouldn’t be possible without Audible.
Bible Study Resources
- Accordance – My favorite Bible study software. There are many different versions depending on how much you’re able to spend, but the entry level program is much cheaper than most Bible software.
- The Bible Project – Animated videos for every book in the Bible, and videos for different Bible topics. I watch the video before I read any book in the Bible.